Ridge Vents with Soffit Vents ensure proper air circulation and attic ventilation to protect your home from the summer heat. A properly installed roof and roof ventilation system is more energy efficient and can reduce your utility bills.
You might think that the most energy-efficient attic is one that is sealed tight against the outside-air but that is not the case. Proper ventilation is not only required by building codes, its an integral part of The Energy Efficient Attic® Solution. We employ a combination of soffit vents and ridge vents to pull air through the attic. Wind or natural convection pulls air out of the attic through the ridge vents, while replacement air flows in through the soffits. It’s a system that works with no moving parts or energy consumption. Depending upon the structure of your roof, other systems may be recommended – we also install air hawks and a variety of powered and solar-powered vents.
In warm months, adequate attic ventilation prevents heat buildup in the attic, thereby reducing the load on your cooling system. In colder weather, it serves to pull out the warm moist air generated by your laundry, showers, cooking, etc.(3-5 gallons per day – or more). If not vented, this moisture can condense on cooler solid surfaces and drip – becoming trapped in the roofing and insulation, which can cause extensive damage.
Proper attic ventilation also contributes to the performance of insulation and radiant barrier spray. The results are added comfort in all seasons, reduced energy consumption through out the year, and the prevention of damage to your home.
Soffit Vents are installed to allow air to enter the attic and exhaust through the ridge vent.
Masada Roofing, Inc. is proud to offer the Attic Breeze®, solar powered attic fan. Attic Breeze offers the ideal ventilation solution for virtually any residential or commercial application. Manufactured in the USA using only the highest quality parts and materials, Attic Breeze solar attic fans are designed to consistently deliver the quality performance you expect. The only residential LIFETIME warranty offered by any solar attic fan manufacturer. Made in Texas!
Some of the Attic Breeze Attic Fan’s Features:
- Zincalume alloy construction with stainless steel brackets and hardware throughout
- High-efficiency monocrystalline solar panels
- Heavy duty powder coated finish, available in black, brown, gray, white, or terra cotta
- Dynamically balanced aluminum fan blade with whisper quiet operation
- Both Florida and Texas windstorm approved
- Available in 20, 25, 40, and 60 watt models for both residential and commercial applications
- The only residential LIFETIME warranty offered by any solar attic fan manufacturer
Much of the heat entering your home comes through the roof. We now offer an amazing new product called “Polaralum”. This product installs under new shingles, making the roof replacement process an ideal time to make your home more energy efficient. During the summer months, Polarium acts as a radiant barrier on walls and a thermal barrier on roofing areas. During the winter months Polarium assists in deflecting cold temperatures, which ultimately assists in reducing the escape of heat through walls or ceilings.
Adding Super R™ or TempShield™ in your attic helps to keep your house cooler in the summer. Super R™ or TempShield™ are ideal radiant barriers to supplement the insulation already in your attic. Consider our 16″ or 24″ on-center rolls of TempShield™ when insulating a truss style attic. The following applications are Energy Star approved to reflect 97% of the radiant heat.
How is Heat Transferred?
Super R™ or TempShield™ attic application with a soffit and ridge vent system. Install Super R™ or TempShield™ clear to the ridge pole
Super R™ or TempShield™ attic application with a turbine or gable vent. A 3″ gap along the ridge pole and at the base of the rafters (soffit) ensures enough air flow between Super R™ or TempShield™ and the roof deck. This applies to all vent systems other than soffit and ridge.
Super R™ Radiant Barriers and TempShield™ Foil Bubble Reflective Insulation provide many benefits:
- Substantial reduction in fuel costs
- Greater Comfort
- Reduction in the amount of investment dollars needed for heating and cooling equipment
- Improved Appearance
Super R™ Radiant Barriers Provide Superior Quality:
- Double-sided 99% pure aluminum
- Reinforced for maximum strength and durability
- 97% Reflectivity
- Puncture and tear resistant
- 0.03 Emissivity
Super R™ Radiant Barriers are Safe
- No breathing apparatus required
- Does not promote the growth of fungi or bacteria
- Provides no nest support for rodent or insect pests
- Class A / Class 1 Fire Rating
- Meets fire and smoke safety requirements of most Federal, State, and local building codes
- Requires no maintenance
Super R™ products are clean, lightweight, and non-toxic; are unaffected by changes on humidity, do not shrink, and once installed, require no maintenance.